Belize is quickly becoming a favorite vacation destination for many tourists, and for good reason! From snorkeling the Belize Barrier Reef to exploring ancient historical sites and even a little bit of island-approved hammock time, Belize has something for everyone! Whether you're a history lover, wildlife enthusiast, adventurer, or simply want to relax, here are the top 10 things to do in Belize in 2022!
2. Go on a Lionfish Dive Safari or find the dolphins – Lionfish are progressively invading the Caribbean where they have no natural predators. Divers can help protect our local reef by going on a Lionfish Dive Safari. Our dive masters will teach you to safely spear-hunt this venomous fish.
Whether you are a diver or just like to skim the surface to observe, you can see an array of aquatic life; from the vibrant Lionfish to playful pods of dolphins and even the illusive manatees, Belize and the waters around St. George's Caye Resort are full of rare viewing opportunities to last a lifetime!
3. Cave Tubing and Jungle Zip-lining- Float on inner tubes with only your headlamp to guide the way as the Caves Branch River winds a path through the Maya mountain and numerous caves. Then whiz past a stunning display of floral and faunas on an incredible zipline adventure!
4. Grand Slam Fishing – Belize is home to some of the top game fishing in the world, as it lies right on the Belize Barrier Reef. The reef has an abundance of small bait fish and crustaceans that attract large game fish! Fishing is good year-round, but summer is an excellent time to catch the "Big Three" of tarpon, bonefish, and permit.
5. Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP), Kayak and Sail- Explore the Caribbean Sea by kayak, stand up paddleboard, or sailboat. Discover an array of wildlife both above and below the water. You never know what you will see- puffer fish, dolphins, and great herons are just a few animals guests have spotted during their time in the ocean!
6. Lamanai and other historical sites- While staying on the historic island of St. George's Caye, explore more about the history and cultures surrounding you in "the little melting pot" of Belize. From ancient Maya Ruins to museums and tours of old Belize, there is sure to be something that sparks your interest. Our Belize Cultural Adventure is customized for you and your fellow travelers by our seasoned professional guide.
7. Snorkel at Hol Chan Marine Reserve- This is a great place to see variety of wildlife the Belize Reef has to offer! 160 species of fish have been seen on this reserve along with many types of coral, sea turtles, and marine animals. The reserve is located about an hour north from us, and we offer weekly trips to San Pedro so guests can explore reserve and other notable sits off Ambergris Caye.
8. Diving- Belize is a scuba diver's dream with hundreds of dive sites on the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere. St. George's secluded location away from other dive resorts means that nearby sites are virtually always free of other divers and are healthier and more pristine than other frequently dived areas in Belize. We can also take you to bucket-list dive sites such as the Great Blue Hole and Turneffe Atoll.
9. Take in an epic Belize Sunrise and Sunset- If you've never experienced the breathtaking watercolored skies of Belize, you are in for a treat!
10. Try new things – From fare to new finds at the Belize San Pedro markets, there is an abundance of new things to try in this unique little country.
We hope you can come away for pampering in paradise and a perspective that is as refreshing as our clear blue waters!
INQUIRE FOR YOUR CUSTOM VACATION
St. George's Caye Resort is found 7-miles from main-land Belize City. Transfers are made by boat and once you have landed at BZE International Airport, your valet will have you on the island's sandy shores in under 30 minutes. Offering an array of adventure, romance, relaxation, and SCUBA excursions, this resort is acclaimed for pristine reefs, seclusion, and the ability to do as much or as little as one wishes.
Email for more information at
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.