The Island Life - Belize
"It's a Jungle" - Belize's Wildlife Beauty
Most of the rain forest mammals of Belize are nocturnal and secluded in their nature. This makes them extremely difficult to find. Animals of prey are alert for approaching predators, so they will likely sense you before you are able to see them. That is why the Belize Zoo is such a unique and a must-do destination.
St. George's Caye Resort offers a colorful excursion to the cultural sites of the country as well as the Belize Zoo. Because these animals are so beautiful, but also hidden wonders, the zoo allows for a chance to see these creatures in their natural environment, while maintaining safety and comfort. That is one reason that this is such a special place.
A visit to the zoo is the best way to get an introduction to the animals of Belize, and to understand why it is important to protect the habitats that sustain them. We hope this website will be the next best thing to visiting us in person. Just a few of the incredible species include:
If you are looking for a well rounded visit, this offers the chance to immerse yourself in the ecosystem, culture and island / jungle vibes of this diverse country.
The Spice of Life Package Has it All!
The Spice of Life Choose this package for a fun variety of adventures and experiences and add memories of a lifetime to your stay!
- Experience the local barrier reef up-close with our guides. Choice of half-day snorkel trip or 1-tank dive.
- Half-day guided fishing trip - reef, flats, or river – Check out all of the types of fish you may see here! (You can trade this for a similarly priced experience if you wish)
- Full-day guided tour to mainland Belize. Choice of:Cave Tubing and Zip Lining in the jungle
- Lamanai Maya Temple and ruins with jungle river boat ride
- St. Herman's Cave & Blue Hole National Park
- Belize Cultural Adventure in and around Belize City, tailored to your interests; may include museums, old town, the zoo, a rum distillery, and more.
- 10% discount on all services in our Island Spa
St. George's Caye Resort is found 7-miles from main-land Belize City. Transfers are made by boat and once you have landed at BZE International Airport, your valet will have you on the island's sandy shores in under 30 minutes. Offering an array of adventure, romance, relaxation and SCUBA excursions, this resort is acclaimed for pristine reefs, seclusion and the ability to do as much or as little as one wishes.
Email for more information at
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.