The Island Life - Belize
Belize Welcomes the World
While the world emerges from sheltering in place, Belize is joining in the resurgence. With domestic travel already open, we are on the edge of our seats waiting for our international guests to return.
In the next few months, we look forward to new ways to keep our guests safe, healthy, and enjoying the island's peace, as they have for the last forty years.
We are also looking forward to an exceptional new offering on the island. In October of 2020, we will welcome guest retreat leaders, Marni Henderson and Kelli Soll. Kelli has been a long time guest of St. George's Caye Resort, and our USA team had the honor of meeting these two incredible ladies earlier this year.
We are starting to take reservations for this meaningful retreat offering. Marni was kind enough to write for us about this shift back to "normalcy" and self care steps along the way.
Here we are -- May 2020. Our lives have been completely altered. Some more than others and in totally different ways. Now what? How do we begin to adjust to our new realities and continue to live with the unknown?
One step at a time with lots of self-care and flexibility!
Anytime we experience big change, it creates stress, which affects both our body and mind. Even if the change is good, right now is the time to observe how you've responded to the massive amounts of change, new realities, adjustments, and the unknown. You may not realize it, because you have settled into a new routine, but how we've handled the stress in the past makes a big difference on our well being moving forward. This is the perfect time to take inventory and look at the big picture of how we handle stress, how our lives have changed, and then figure out the next steps.
- Know that there is a value in stepping away from your day to day routine. Take a breath, give yourself some space, and gain perspective on everything you've gone through. This is why vacations are so awesome, near, or far!! (Yes, St.George's and Belize, we are waiting patiently to sink our toes in the sand and play in the ocean!)
- Take inventory and recognize where you are at today. What has changed? Are there parts that no longer fit? What about the pieces of your life that you missed? Bring awareness to what is going on in your new reality today. It may even help to make a list of:
- What works, what has helped me cope and thrive?
- What no longer works, this can be surprising sometimes, what don't I need any more?
- Making this list does not hold you to anything. You're simply acknowledging how things have changed or not. Information!
- Now that you've taken inventory. Is there anything that has brought more joy and happiness? Less stress, more time? Take some time to look through your lists.
- Pick one or two that you can focus on. That is your GOAL. Write it down. Make it a priority!
- Find ways to incorporate these new pieces of your life while moving forward with the new normal. Along the way, make adjustments and tweaks to how the new pieces are fitting into your life.
Through all of this process, know that making changes and integrating them into your life takes energy. Keeping your written goal somewhere you see it daily will keep you focused on the process, always making a note of what works or doesn't.
Finally, remember to make relaxation and replenishment a part of your new plan. Remember the part of the change, even good change, that taxes our body and mind? Like a race car, we too need maintenance to keep healthy! Whatever it is that brings playful joy into your life - sunshine, exercise, meditation, time in nature, a favorite hobby - make it part of your daily routine!
Putting all the new pieces together will take some time and can be exciting, challenging, and uncomfortable. However, you choose to bring this new information into your life, make sure to keep your mind and body healthy by practicing daily self-care. When the time comes for us to travel away from our current communities, we will be ready to navigate step 1 once again! We will really be able to enjoy our vacation and gain further clarity on our lives, how we are living, and most importantly, have the energy and health to make those changes!
Marni is a health and wellness practitioner focused on creating wellness through the bridging of science and the sacred. She facilitates the overall health–mind, body, spirit–of her clients. When not working with clients or small groups, she loves to facilitate retreats in the warm waters of Belize and majestic mountains of Idaho. www.coalescediscovery.com and www.sunriseretreat.org ©2020 Coalesce Discovery, LLC. All Rights Reserved
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.